Tuesday, June 12, 2007

18 Holes of Golf




Rotary Golf Tournament - Fox Den Golf Course
Stow, Ohio

First time out on the golf course this year. It's been 6 months since I was swinging a golf club last. Time to dust off my golf clubs and hit the links. Golf is a game of mental endurance. It's not in the league of race car driving or chess, but it's challenging to hit a ball 3-5 times 150-500 yards into a hole. Went out with my dad and 100 other golfers for team best ball. My golf mojo, hook and slice appeared during the sunny hot 90 degree weather. Was a lot of fun with awesome cookout afterwards. Horace on my team hit the closest ball from a tee on drive. See above photo of Horace with his 1 foot from hole drive. Hole in one wins $1,000 and bragging rights for a lifetime. Other photo my dad is letting out the shaft with a monster drive.

2 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Horace pic is funny!

Let's just not equate my golf game to my mental endurance or things are looking really bad!

Craig said...

Stow Sentry local newspaper used my photo of Horace in Sunday's edition. He's a very good golfer to have on your team and fun guy to be around on the links.